RE: [DML] What's involved to change plugs/wires?

RE: [DML] What's involved to change plugs/wires?

Hmmm.

No surprises that I can think of.  Once the intake manifold is removed (only
4 bolts) everything is right there in the open.  Special T Auto has a
"common o-ring assortment kit" that includes two o-rings you need for the
Y-Pipe.  If your water pump is original chances are the o-rings going into
the block are too and I would DEFINITELY upgrade to new (silicon) hoses for
the Water Pump and I myself bought the kit that eliminates the thin metal
pipe under the y-pipe or you can buy the new SS one from John Hervey which I
put on a few friends cars and they look great and will never rust like the
stock ones.  My friend Jeremiah poked at an area of rust on his stock metal
pipe with a box cutter and it went right through causing a big hole and of
course required replacement of the pipe anyway.

The entire procedure is very simple for an experienced mechanic as I must've
done this particular job maybe 6 times in the past 1 1/2 years.  Once the
intake is off everything is pretty much out in the open.  Be cautious taking
off the possibly corroded bolts that hold down the y-pipe.  Spray some P-B
Blaster around them and wait about a half an hour before taking them off.
I've only had a bolt in the Y-Pipe break off once on a friends car and not
on any others.  Better safe than sorry.

Jeff in NC