[DML] Possessed Car

Hello everyone,

There have been too many unexplained occurences that are just plain
weird with my car.

I have owned this D' for almost a year now.  When I bought it last
August, one of the features that the owner (Ron Cotton) told me to
do was replace the audio.  He said it still had the stock speakers
and an aftermarket Alpine tape deck that didn't work.  After I
bought the car from him,  I personally got under the dashboard to
check the speakers and connectors.  They were the stock 3.5"ers with
some pretty bad looking electrical connectors and very dirty wires.
So far the ONLY thing I'VE done to the audio system is replace the
Alpine with a Kenwood CD player and when I did that I DID NOT CHANGE
THE SPEAKERS, and that was just after Christmas.

Up until today, when I was going to change the front speakers I
would constantly have to hit the dash to get them to stop shorting
out.  They would flicker all the time on account of the bad
connectors.  Well today all of a sudden, they aren't flickering
anymore.  Not because I replaced them, they just weren't doing it.
So I checked under the dash to see if I could put in 4" or if I
still needed 3.5's and I noticed that on the LH side there is a much
newer Sony 40w speaker sitting there with brand spanking new quick
snap connectors and new grounding wires.  Well that was weird, so I
checked the RH side and in place of the other was some off brand 15w
speaker, but it too had brand new wires and connectors on it.  I
didn't bother checking the rears because the trim panels are to much
of a pain to take off, however those looked undisturbed.

Now, it is possible that someone at home may have done it while I
wasn't using the car.  True, except why on earth would they put in
two different brands of speakers.  I was under the impression that
those came in sets.  I checked with everyone in the house and to
their knowledge it has been sitting in the garage for the past month
because of the hot weather.  The only thing I have done in a shop
recently was get an alignment since I replaced my steering rack.
But that was it.  And the real question I have is what the flippin
cheese burger happened to the stock speakers that were in there 2
months ago?

Couple this with the fact that one night all of the coolant
disappeared in my tank even though there were no leaks(I had all of
that checked) and I had just filled it up, and the fact that the
first and only time the car refused to start was on the day that
John Z. died (maybe just a strange coincedence), I am truly thinking
that this car has a spirit of its own.

"Herbie" or "Christine" you be the judge.

Japheth Deaux
VIN: Chucky (1223)