[DML] Abandon the spare?

I presently have my stereo amplifier in the passenger's footwell,
covered by my nice DMCH floormat. This is certainly not an ideal
location - heat, untidy wiring, reduced legroom, etc.

I originally had installed it in a beautiful custom panel behind the
parcel shelf along with my new rear speakers. But that location
proved
unusable due to the fact that the distributor is only about 8 inches
away through a fiberglass wall, and the RFI was impossible to
overcome.

Now I have my ac/heater unit out and have been looking towards
moving the amp to the trunk. The front wall is right there, nice and
bare and wiring through it would be easy. The amp is too large to
fit beneath the spare as others have done. So I was wondering how
may of you have removed the spare to get more trunk room? Would
carrying a small compressor or Fix-a-flat or both suffice in most
instances of a flat tire? In 32 years
of driving I have yet to have a flat tire while on the road. (I'm
sure it will happen tomorrow now) I'm looking for reassurance here.

Please voice your opinions about driving sans spare.

Thanks,

Marty Galbreath
3765