[DML] Re: Auto Trans Computer Test?

Hi Jake.

I don't believe so.  Testing it requires rotating the input, while
monitoring the solenoid drive outputs.  Just hard and expensive
enough of a test, that only a manufacturer of the circuit would want
to bother testing them individually. It's very unlikely someone has
put together a good test fixture for the fun of it.

I've considered making a test fixture of this type myself, and have,
at least mentally, already designed it.  If I ever design an
aftermarket transmission circuit board, I will make the test fixture.

If you can answer these questions with "yes", your rebuild will
probably work.

Are the capacitors in your rebuilt unit positioned correctly, not
backwards?
Are they soldered well?
Is the box sealed well against moisture?
Do the output transistors connect well to the heatsinks?

Good luck

Rick Gendreau.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp@xxxx>
wrote:

> Has anyone come up with a way to test auto trans governors while
they're off the car?

> I'm working on a club member's car and we traced one issue from his
auto trans to a dirty connection under the coil cover.  Another issue
is apparently being caused by the governor and I'd like to make sure
the one I rebuilt for him is working before we go through the trouble
of putting it on....

> I've got the test lights already thanks to another owner here in
beautiful southern Illinois, but that only helps me test the one
that's on the car.  :-)