Re: [DML] engine swap?

Stick with the PRV! They are good engines once set up right. And by keeping it original the value should stay good, and getting help and advice from this forum and the vendors will be easier.

My gearbox swop from auto-manual was great. Five months on and its still running without any problems. The 5-speed is a much better setup than the auto in my opinion. How is yours coming along, apart from your engine problem?

Thomas Mc Auley
Vin #4087
Belfast

mydmc5898 <mydmc5898@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone, recently I found out I may need to do some engine
work/rebuilding on my car. I'm having a compresion problem and was
told that there maybe something internal also wrong with it. Now I'm
more of a purist with the cars, as long as they are in a restorable
condtion, however mine has already been modified from and auto to a
5-speed. I haven't been able to get my car looked at only beacuse of
the funds so its sitting quietly in the garage. I have very to
little to no mechanical experiance. But would am alwasy up for some
type of new venture. Now if the engine is going to need a complete
rebuild or if I do need a new one (worst case senerio) it would have
to sit for a long time as I just do not have the respurces to do
this in a resanble time. Between school and work time and money.
However if it does need to sit a