Re: [DML] Electrical door lock fix + alarm? Suggestions?

Re: [DML] Electrical door lock fix + alarm? Suggestions?

I highly recommend rebuilding your lock module (or paying someone else
to do it for you) instead. You'll save a ton of money and end up with
basically the same result.

If you do go with a Lockzilla, it's exactly the same as the original
lock module in terms of interfacing with an alarm system. Same harness
and everything. Bob Zilla, however, told me I "can't" interface any
alarm system to the Lockzilla except for his own, which is "coming out
any day now." (that was a year ago, it's still not released). Needless
to say, when I found out the truth I was a bit perturbed at the little
white lie & the unnecessary product bundling, so I made the decision
to never buy any Zilla products, ever.

Instead I rebuilt my own lock module for $20 worth of parts, and added
Toby's actuators for another $100. My entire locking system now works
perfectly and is rock solid for half the price of a Lockzilla.

-Ryan