[DML] DeLorean VIN list and chronology updated

[DML] DeLorean VIN list and chronology updated

Hi Folks,

I have just had the updated VIN list and chronology uploaded. It is
buried in the FAQ on the DMCNews web site, and the direct link to it
is http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/n_chron.htm

I had intended to get the list posted some time back, but I had my
hands full with the concours which delayed me a bit on this front.
Since the list was actually generated a while back, it might not
include a couple of the most recently submitted entries. Such
entries will be included in the next published list.

As usual, I had a whole bunch of entries with conflicting
information, and in most cases I just took an educated guess about
which data from the various conflicting entries might be correct. I
am now carefully tracking the sources and dates for the information
submitted (previsouly I largely just threw everything together
without carefully tracking it all), so if I have guessed wrong for
any entries, please submit a correction and I will fix and track
them properly.

The VIN list now represents around 4400 vehicles which is a pretty
good sampling. Some years back I used to do some statistics on the
samples in order to estimate the total production run, but this is
no longer feasible since the samples in the database are not all
uncorrelated, which messes up the statistical methods I used to use.

I hope you enjoy the list and some of the build mix and location
summaries I derived from it.

     Knut