RE: [DML] New product? The otterstat replacement

RE: [DML] New product? The otterstat replacement

Tom,
There are 2 suppliers in the world I'm aware of that make otterstats /
Temperature switches. Out of 100's I have sold and the brand I sell that is
different from others I have replaced 2 in 2004 and none so far in 2005.
Nothing is going to last forever, but these are doing very well. The brass
case my brake before the parts inside wear out. If my memory isn't escaping
me I just replaced them both no charge.
As for what you are looking at, maybe you can design something that will
work better than what I did about  3 years ago when I was worried about the
supply form the suppliers.
The problem I had was getting the proper turn on and turn off to work in the
range I wanted and being a surface mount unit.
It was the sensitivity external and the metal pipes holding the temp longer
where as the otterstat was  / is directly in the path of the coolant and
more sensitive to the changes.
Keep me posted and the group on the progress. I am as you thinking of better
way's to improve the car.
John Hervey