Re: [DML] The DOA and DML (long)

I have to agree with James when he questions the value of the DOA today. I
am not sure exactly what a person could gain by joining that they could not
already obtain through the several vendors, magazines, and local clubs. I  have
been around since the fun and excitement of those years on the DML and it
certainly seems that things are better now for DeLorean owners than they were
when the DOA ruled. Reading the archives, and that letter to James, has reminded
 me of how viscious everything got. I can remember countless other
experiences  related to me about various people being "black balled" by the DOA and (a)
certain vendor(s) associated with it. Like John Hervey and others, I am
concerned about the presence of one of the board members, especially in  reference
to the first sentence of the mission statement. Is it for real, or  does the
DOA protest too much? Honestly, this could be an entirely new DOA that  has no
relation to the DOA of the past other than name and purpose, but
unfortunately only time will tell. I wish you guys that are now organizing it  the best
of luck, you will need it. I hope the olive branch is in earnest and  that the
DeLorean Owners Aristocracy doesn't resurface.

John Weaver
MidSouth DeLorean Motor Club-MSDMC
RED DMC #10527