Re: [DML] Clutch Fluid - Dot 4

I am sure Valvoline is a fine product but most service shops have
extensive experience with Castrol and is most widely recomended by the
shops that do work on British cars (read Girling). I am sure that
there are distributers in your area that handle the Castrol line of
products and can get the brake fluid for you if you ask. Failing being
able to get it that way you can get it shipped to you from any number
of venders including the "D" venders. It can be used in any modern car
as replacement or to just "top off" so just use it as your only brake
fluid for all your cars. It can be mixed with DOT 2 or 3 if the other
cars you have use it, just ONLY use DOT 4 in a Delorean. The price of
brake fluid is small compared to a rebuild of a brake or clutch system
so I say use the best. No matter what you choose to use it should
still be flushed out every 2 years. It seems the rubber used in the
seals lasts longer with Castrol than other brands. I am not a chemist
so I can't explain why. It is just that others have observed by
experience what works and what doesn't.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

- >