Re: [DML] Re: Oil residue pooling behind foot pedals

Re: [DML] Re: Oil residue pooling behind foot pedals

Paul, bleeding the clutch is not as bad as it sounds. Get yourself a
one man bleeder kit from any auto parts store for $10-$20. You have to
reach around behind the engine, above the transmission, and locate the
slave cylinder. It's almost impossible to see, so you'll be working
blind.

Easiest way to do this is to lay on top of the engine. Reach around
with both hands until you find the bleeder screw. Put a small wrench
on the screw, stick the tubing from your bleeder kit onto it, and
loosen the screw 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Bleed the clutch just like you'd
bleed your brakes. I leave the wrench on the screw the whole time.
Then reach around, tighten it up, and you're done.

It's only a 15 minute job once you know where that slave cylinder actually sits.

Replacing the master cylinder is also very easy. You'll need a helper
for the mounting bolts, but all he has to do is hold a screwdriver
while you remove/replace the nuts.

-Ryan