[DML] Connecting with another owner on I-29

[DML] Connecting with another owner on I-29

Last week while heading south on Interstate 29 in Iowa (south of
Omaha/Council Bluffs), I met a fellow D-owner headed northbound.

I decided to cross the median an pull up beside for a wave.  Turned out
to be Paul who was on a return trip to Minnesota after going to the
open house in Houston.  Paul has done some interesting mods to his car
and an interesting person himself.  We talked for about an hour then
headed our separate directions.

I had a very enjoyable visit, and thanks, Paul for taking the time out
of your long trip!

That evening, after attending a board meeting of a new charity that 3
of us formed a year ago (to build a camp for chronocially or terminally
ill kids, I decided to stop a popular restaurant in Omaha.  When I got
out of my car, a woman came up to me and said, "I got to know John De.
and his wife when I lived in CA.  Our conversation continued inside the
restaurant and she expressed interest in helping with our charity.

Afterward, I thought about the amazing number of people I have met
because of uniqueness of the car.

Of course there was also the 93 mph ticket I got a couple of weeks ago
with the now familiar officer remark, "it's not like I could not pick
out your car . . ."

Oh, well, I guess we have to take the good with the bad.

Woody