[DML] Re: Manifold Vacuum Question

Bill, Thanks for the reply.  What I have is a 1980 B28 that has been
put into a 1978 262C.  It currently has the 004 CPR and the vacuum
delay/retard with two ports on the distributor vacuum diaphragm.
I've got a 038 and a 018 CPR ($10.00 new in the box,thank you UK
EBay).  Since I have the 004 and no other full throttle enrichment,
I'm considering putting on the 018 and wanted to hook it up to the
correct vacuum source.  With the 2 barb distributor vacuum diaphragm,
which barb should I hook up to manifold vacuum if I want to bypass
the vacuum delay solenoid?  What is the purpose of the delay solenoid
(emmisions?)and what will bypassing it affect?  I'm also looking into
adding the full throttle enrichment switch onto the throttle pulley
bracket and run the grounding circuit to terminal 11 of the ECU.  Do
you think the 018 CPR and the throttle enrichment switch are over-
kill when combined?  What is the definition of ported vacuum?  Can I
hook up the CPR to one of the vacuum ports on the intake runner?
Thanks again for your help, Rick

so> Series 018, 029, and 038 all have much simpler full throttle
> enrichment. Full vacuum simply runs from the manifold straight to a
> barb on the top.
>
> K Jetronic PRV's do have ported vacuum barbs under the throttle
> plates. You wouldn't want to use them for the CPR, but could run a
> line straight to the ignition distributor if you wanted to get rid
of
> the cutoff solenoid (that's how Volvo did it, albeit with some
unusual
> Rube Goldbergness prior to 1980 -- emissions. After 1980 it's just a
> single line straight to the distributor). If you've got both a
Series