[DML] Re: DeLorean Car Show Chicago

DCS 2006 PLUS

This looked like as good as an opportunity as possible to chime in
and elaborate on the "But wait there's more!" quote from Dave.

As Dave and Ken mentioned, the Pheasant Run (Chicago area) event is
the next big event (in the US) and since it also happens to be the
25th Anniversary of the DeLorean, many of us in the DeLorean Midwest
Connection club would like to include as many activities as possible
during the days leading up to the DCS 2006 event, so it is important
to start thinking about getting here several days early.

Keep in mind that the "other activities" some DMC club members are
planning are more DeLorean specific and less "family friendly" than
some of Ken's activities, so if you decide to attend our activities,
you may need to make other plans to keep your family busy/happy.

Since the Corvette show will be setting up earlier in the week at
Pheasant Run, we may or may not have our activities at the resort,
but we will have a better idea once we check out how things are
going this year, before and during the Corvette event this year.

In no way does our "other activities" intend to compete with Ken's
show, rather it is meant to enhance the over-all 25th Anniversary
experience, especially for those who are already traveling a very
long distance.  We have Ken's blessing, so we are running with it.

Possible activities include:

- half day or full day seminars and Q&A sessions with a few technical
engineers who worked for the DMC company in the early days and drove
around the country (in the engineering cars) training the dealers on
the proper ways to perform the recalls and other maintenance.

- a half day visit to the Volo Auto Museum to view the anticipated
new full-time display honoring John Z. DeLorean and his automotive
accomplishments.  The local DMC club is assisting the museum with
the items to be displayed regarding the DeLorean car and company.

- visit the Midwest Monster Garage.  (if its OK with Dave Swingle)
- visit Pearce Design Components  (if its OK with Bryan and Reg)

- track day(s) at one or more local venues, most likely to include
a road course setup and an autocross style "handling" race circuit.

- (after DCS 2006) early Sunday morning driving caravan to downtown
Chicago to cruise up and down Lake Shore Drive and make a stop at
the new Millenium Park (featuring many stainless steel structures),
with a more casual and slow pace drive returning to Pheasant Run.

The challenge is how to coordinate all of these other activities
and still be able to attend EuroFest 2006.  Who needs sleep anyway?

Later,
Rich W.