Re: [DML] Shifting and sealing problems, M/T

Re: [DML] Shifting and sealing problems, M/T

The seal on the side of the transmission with the large O ring is
holding up just fine... It's the seal on the other side and of course
that little tiny seal 103049 that is a pain to replace are both
leaking like a sieve. Thanks John and David for the information on
this problem. I've just noticed today that it seems a little wet near
the clutch master cylinder where it bolts on the inside of the car
so, I'll get the seal kit for the C-MC just so I know it's done and
doesn't fail on my 3000 mile drive. Thanks for the suggestion on
changing the clutch fluid and trans fluid, I just did the brakes and
flushed the system... but the clutch fluid hasn't been changed for a
long time so I'll get to doing that as well. Thanks again guys! -----
Dani B. #5003

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@xxxx> wrote:
> Dan, There are 2 seals inside the clutch master that we make new.
The one on
> the end of the plunger may not be sealing properly and allowing
fluid to go
> back into the reservoir when the peddle is depressed. Normally it
would show
> up in all gears when shifting and you wouldn't have full travel of
fluid to
> the slave.
> The lip seal is a combination of seal and O Ring. Did you replace
both. The
> seal I use is a double lip, lip seal.
> John Hervey
> www.specialtauto.com