Re: [DML] Front License Plate Holes Question

Re: [DML] Front License Plate Holes Question

In a message dated 6/10/2005 5:20:15 P.M. Central Standard Time,
mrvideosawyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Unfortunately this somewhat limits my options of where to obtain a  car
>(unless I want to cough up for a new fascia).  Are the holes  from the
>license plate bracket repairable without looking funny?  I'm not sure
>if I could really be satisified if they were  just
>filled/sanded/painted.  Is it reasonable to think that a  service shop
>or new owner located in a city that requires the front  plates be
>willing to swap one out with an original fascia with no  holes?  It may
>seem like a pretty petty thing to some of you (in  perspective of say,
>rust or bad wiring fixes) but it's as important to  me as the interior
>color and hood design.  Waiting this long for a  car has made me very
>picky.,

Steelskin,

If the license plate bracket was drilled into the fascia with three bolts
and "T" shaped plate holder was used (I believe the factory version is this
one), then I have a solution.  I get these black plastic cap things that  pop
right into the holes and they match the bumper.  It is very tasteful  and looks
great, next best thing to having a fascia WITHOUT holes!  I can  supply these
for you for very cheap if you can't find them anywhere.  I  actually got the
idea from another list member.

Andy