[DML] Special rules for me (Marc Levy)

With all due respect Mike, My comment (or jab) was not
specifically at the loss (or rejection) of my messages
because we could debate hours on the merits of why any
particular message is accepted or rejected... (many of
those posts can be found on the DMC Forum, for those
who are interested)

My point (jab) was that in the many years I have been
a member of the DML, it has been customary for the
moderators to reject a message with some sort of short
explanation as to why.  In my case (lately) I do not
even get a rejection notice.  Private e-mails to the
moderators asking for explanation have also been
ignored.

(side note;  I remember a short time after we moved to
E-Groups James set my account such that my messages
were not even moderated..  Yes, I guess James even
liked me at one time!  )

Like me or not, I think all members of this community
deserve a little more respect than that.  I know being
a moderator may be a time consuming and thank-less
job, but no one is holding a gun to your head to do
it!

If your looking for a moderator, I volunteer.

--- Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Marc Levy proposed a theory that special rules apply
> to him:
>
>  > I say lost, because I did
>  > not receive an official
>  > rejection notice. But it
>  > seems to be common for my
>  > posts to be rejected with
>  > no notification, or reason.
>
> I'm not moderating this week, but I'll indulge Marc
> Levy's vanity and
> respond to the thread he started with his own name
> in the subject line.
>
> The moderators generally give little latitude in
> discussing exchanges
> that have not been published on the DML. Examples
> are hearsay claims
> that someone said something scandalous away from the
> DML, or claims that
> legions of silent supporters share a belief they've
> never expressed on
> the DML.
>
> If we allow this behavior, the DML could break down
> into tabloid
> bedlam.  Anyone with an axe to grind could make any
> sensationalist claim
> yet sidestep responsibility by attributing it to
> events other DMLers did
> not witness.  Marc Levy, perhaps you should feel
> this week's moderator
> has been especially lenient with you because your
> thread about yourself
> was approved at all.

<SNIP>

Discover Yahoo!