[DML] Re: Headlights, Cooling fans and blower motor

[DML] Re: Headlights, Cooling fans and blower motor

If you have cleaned all the connections it is time to go
troubleshooting. You could have a bad connection to a plug or a
terminal connector. You use your voltmeter to look at voltage drops
across connections and wires. For instance if you read a voltage of
say 2 volts between a wire and the point it is grounded to you know
there is a resistance there interfering with the flow of current. Dirt
and corrosion can be sneaky. Even clean, shiny connections could have
an invisible coating of oxidation or maybe you have to remove the
epoxy paint off the frame to get a good connection. Sometimes the
connector where it is crimped onto the wire is corroded inside and
even though the wire is on tightly it is not elecrically connected. I
have seen (not on Deloreans) where a connector was put onto a wire but
the wire was not stripped so the connector and the wire were insulated
from each other. Sometimes you have to look for the less obvious. Heat
is also a clue. Any connection that gets warm or hot is causing
resistance.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757