Re: [DML] Re: A/C Problems (necessarily long)

Re: [DML] Re: A/C Problems (necessarily long)

Thanks for the responses so far.  I'll answer both John and Harold in one
message:

To John:
> Jake, What is the outside temp and is the vacuum door closing or not
> closing
> so your on Normal or Max.

Yep.  It's working.  There appear to be no issues with the vacuum portion of
the mode switch.  The temperature door and recirc door are where they should
be.  The outside temperature was about 80 or 85, but my non-stop compressor
will rear its ugly head even in the dead of winter if I select any A/C mode
on the switch (Bi-level, Norm, or Max).

To Harold:
> There is a direct connect to the clutch via the switch some how not
> through the low-pressure cycling switch. The compressor should not
> have come on here. If you trace the wire you will find a short or
> probably an incorrect mod or reinstall.

This is a good suggestion, and I plan to spend Sunday tracing more wires.
But here's the peculiar thing: when I unplug the low pressure switch, the
compressor and fans shut off as they should.  This tells me that power to
the compressor must be coming from the mode switch (as it should), through
the low pressure switch (as it should) through circuit 10.  The only other
wiring further down the line from that is the one that runs to circuit 5
(through the diode between pink and black/orange).  If I pull fuse 5 or
remove the link at the diode, the fans shut off, but not the compressor (as
we would expect), and if I remove fuse 10, everything goes off (again, as
expected).

[If anyone is actually still reading this, have a look at the wiring diagram
and what I mention above will make sense :-)   ]

It seems to me that something is not letting the car "see" low
ressure.  -And I've replaced and readjusted the low pressure switch to every
extreme, including replacing the unit with one from a known-good setup.

Please keep the suggestions coming and we'll find it eventually!

Jake and 1063

[moderator snip]