[DML] Re: A/C High Pressure Hose

So now you want to know the "Trick"! After disconnecting both ends
stick a cork or some kind of plug into the end that went to the
condensor. Now carefully move the whole hose backwards towards the
rear of the car. The curved metal end will get caught between the body
and the frame. You need to bend the flange of the frame down to get
enough room to slide the hose through with the metal end sticking
down. You can use a large adjustable wrench to bend the flange.
Reinstall the new hose the way you get the old one out and then bend
the flange back. You can spray paint the frame and no one will every
know you bent it! Make sure to keep the ends of the hose sealed until
just before you connect it so you keep any dirt out of the hose. Use
new seals and coat them liberally with refrigerent oil. Put some
refrigerent oil on the threads too. The fittings should go all the way
up easily to hand-tight. Finish with wrenches. Be very careful not to
cross-thread. It is easy to do and you will ruin the fittings. By
drawing the fitings up hand-tight you will know quickly if it is
crossed. Do not force anything together. If it does not go together
easily take it apart and try again. Again I stress that you MUST "hold
back" so you don't twist the fitting off the condensor core. BTW
whenever you take an A/C connection apart you should immediatly cap
BOTH ends to keep moisture and dirt out. I say to put a cork into the
end of the hose so you don't drip refrigerent oil all over the place.
Go ahead, ask me how I know. Same trick (the cork) works when you do
the clutch line.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757