Re: [DML] Air Conditioner Cycles

There are several things that could cause rapid cycling and the
system still be full. The most common is a clogged orifice tube or
other restriction - usually caused by a defective accumulator -
especially if it is OEM. To last 20+ years is asking a lot. Forget
it if it has ever been exposed to open air. More likely however, you
are low on freon.

It is 1981 technology when R-12 was 99 cents a can. The system is
going to leak unless you go through it carefully with new seals,
etc. My advice to you is get it to someone that can check it
properly. BTW - I'd stay with r-12 and, at $40-$50 per pound, it is
worth doing the seals and going through the system, especially a new
accumulator.

Harold McElraft - 3354