Re: [DML] Frame-up restorations/refurbished cars

Re: [DML] Frame-up restorations/refurbished cars

Based on your definition of "Restored", I think the
statement made in message 52700 is unfair...  This was
a quote from the NADA price guide, to which I believe
DMCH is the official source for (last I checked NADA,
IIRC it mentioned Stephen by name).

"Models professionally restored or refurbished by
DeLorean Motor Company MAY BRING UP A CONSIDERABLE
PREMIUM (UP TO 30%) OVER VALUES LISTED."

Given that a "restored" car is a meaningless
description (based on what you say below) because it
does not define the car's condition...  Only that some
work was done on the car "limited only by the client's
budget".  So, if I bring a $4000 parts car to DMCH and
pay $25 to have the windshield wipers replaced because
that is all I can afford, The car value will increase
up to 30%?  Even more so, my question remains
unanswered about why if this work is done at DMCH
versus some other well respected DeLorean professional
is it worth more?

The "re-manufactured" process sounds impressive, and
agree that if a car has been documented as gone
through this process it will certainly be worth more..
 But the question again comes up as to why an official
publication like NADA would conclude that if the car
was "re-manufactured" at DMCH versus another vendor it
is worth more?

What is it about DMCH that makes the car more valuable
than another vendor, or professional?  Other than DMCH
being the official consultant for NADA?  Is there some
official data to back up this claim that a car
"restored or refurbished" (*1) by DMCH will re-sell
for up to 30% more? (Note, I said RE-SELL).

*1 The quote from NADA includes "DeLorean Motor
Company".  Yet another example of how the selection of
this corporate name is confusion by design.

<SNIP>

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/