RE: [DML] BAE Turbo Availability

I have a guy who makes custom turbos here in Fort Worth,
if I could get a hold of one of these kits and show it to him
he could easily replicate it.
The real question is....
How much would someone be willing to pay for these, and how
many people would be interested?

His twin turbos for tuners can be expensive, mainly
because he fits them into places where you could
not normally fit a turbo.
He also makes custom urathane motor mounts
and all that neon colored crap you see on ricer cars.
But he makes good stuff and extracts a lot of
power out of those little suckers!

The main issue with the turbos all goes back the
same old arguments that have ben made before....
from the mouth of Fred Dellis, formally "Legend Industries"
putting a turbo on our engine with the proper changes to
the engine will just burn it up (if you try to get more than
6lbs of boost).
He mentioned how they were changing pistons,
porting heads and all sorts of mods to get the system
to work correctly. (it's all in my Pigeon Forge video).

By the time you get the sort of HP that really makes a
difference you might have to much money in the thing.
You would be better off slapping another engine in there.
There are a lot of options for doing this, and I am sure
most of it can be done for under $10K if you learn from
everyone elses mistakes.
One of those mistakes is that the D's tranny just can't
handle any real horsepower.
It is what it is.

I have decided to keep the Delorean engine pretty much
stock on my "time machine".
Then, I went out and bought a new HEMI V8 Magnum.
I get my speed thrills from it.

- Videobob