Re: [DML] Re: Auto Trans Converter Noise

Re: [DML] Re: Auto Trans Converter Noise

In a message dated 05/28/2005 7:08:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The  problem I'm having is a hellacious noise from, apparently, within
> the  torque converter. It sounds a lot like a dry scraping noise, in
> fact  first we thought maybe oil starvation in the engine somewhere.
> I've  now gotten under the car while running on a lift and it's
> definitely  the converter.

Dave,

When you pull the transmission, make sure that the torque converter is
positioned all the way to the front pump shaft seal. Spin the T/Q until  it's
seated in place, as the T/Q wants to stop on the lower set. Make sure  it is full
of fluid too.

Sincerely Yours,
Michael Pack