Re: [DML] Need guidance regarding gasoline leak

Re: [DML] Need guidance regarding gasoline leak

I was finally able to attend to my fuel leak issue.  I filled up the
tank while watching the fuel pump boot.  It was filling up as I was
nearing full.  I watched fuel rise around the fuel pump.

I am guessing I will need a new one.  The rubber seemed pliable and
soft, but there must be a hole or tear somewhere.  Is it easy to
replace?

So does a properly working boot totally prevent fuel from entering
the area of the fuel pump?  In a normal situation, does the pump
stay dry in the boot while fuel surrounds the outside of the boot?

Thanks,

Paul

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mike_fm2002" <paul.sweet@xxxx>
wrote:
> Thanks to all for the advice about the fuel pump boot and other
> things to check. Still haven't had a chance to take apart yet.
Hope
> to this weekend.
>
> Paul
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jeff Phillips <rvparty@xxxx> wrote:
> > Take the access panel underneath the spare tire out before you
go
> back
> > to the gas station.   Remove the spare and watch the fuel pump
> boot at
> > the next fill-up.  Mine was shot and when the tank was filled
fuel
> was
> > pouring out the top of the tank until the pressure equalized.
Has