Re: [DML] Washer Motor Question

Ugh.  This is a job I used to hate.  The first thing to do is remove the
bottle cap inside the luggage compartment. Then you must let the outer
basket down.  It's the box thingie that holds the washer bottle in
place.  The basket is held up the the body by ten M5 bolts.  It seems
like twenty.  Often the thread-serts will spin in the body and you'll
have to stick a screwdriver between the basket lip and the body to get
the bolt out.  Once the basket drops down, you'll see that the front
harness and its grommet come with it. Also comes the fluid feed hose for
the washer nozzle.  Change the motor by unscrewing it from the rubber
fitting and installing the new one into it. This is the point in the
process that whatever liquid that was in the bottle comes out. Plug the
power and feed hose into the new motor and carefully position the bottle
and basket back up into place.  Screw two of the M5 bolts in to hold the
rig in position.  Then test the installation to make sure you haven't
pinched the hose.  If you wait until all fifty of the bolts are in and
tight, it is sure to not work and you'll have to take it all back down
again and make it right.  Imagine how I came to know this.
We have all the stuff: motor, bottle, basket and cap.

Warren Wallingford
DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA