[DML] Re: Door Striker Pin

Close the door, and check out the alignment. If the gap between front
fender/door and rear fender/door are very different and you cannot get
the pin aligned for the life of you, you'll likely need to adjust the
door at the hinges. Adjusting the door at the hinges changes the
closing and alignment of the door very much so, so drilling the hole
will probably be a better thing if you're not up for the task (yeah- T
bar removal). After a few years of owning 5003?and don't ask me how;
my drivers door has been creeping forward towards the windshield so
much that it eventually dented the header panel every time it was
being opened, also made a mess of my inner seals. My point is, check
out the alignment before you drill to make the pins work, you may make
the door close and open easier, but you could be over looking other
alignment issues which will cause seal damage etc. -----Dani B. #5003