[DML] Re: catalytic converters

Re-read the original message (#52359) -- I explicitly stated that
"catalytic converters are available for [DMCH and DMCUK exhaust
systems]". I guess I get no credit for saying "something right", only
pilloried for what you disagree with. True, I did mention that
converters act like additional mufflers as far as sound is concerned,
but sound *WAS* "ltshaneclarke's" concern...

FWIW: I don't think I'm the first person in the world to stumble
across the idea of gutting or removing a catalytic converter...

BTW: I've seen naturally gutted converters (stopped up then blew their
innards out). They sometimes do it to themselves. This is especially
common on retrofitted vehicles without air injection -- one of the
reasons Virginia gave up the practice.

For the record: I didn't "instruct" anyone to remove their converter.
But I did mention it as an option. It is an option, is it not?
Illegal, yes, but an option nevertheless (as is exceeding posted speed
limits, driving with a radar detector in many states, and the ever
popular failure to keep a safe distance from the car ahead of you).

You may want to check out a current lively discussion in the other
DeLorean group Re: legality of copying and distributing video clips.
Similar issue applied to another aspect of the hobby.

Bill Robertson