[DML] Re: New Ownder and some questions

Dani and Steve - The design of the suspension is such that the bushings
noted below are in clamped joints.  The center sleeve is clamped into
the frame, the outer sleeve is pressed into the link or control arm,
and all rotation in the joint takes place in the rubber between the
inner and outer steel portions.  If the suspension bolts were loosened
for some reason, and then tightened back up with the car on a lift or
on jack stands, the rubber will be biased so that there is very little
compliance in the upward vertical direction ... the car will be very
stiff.  One possible thing to try would be to have the car standing on
its wheels and tires with full weight, and loosen the various pivot
bolts.  This should allow the preload to be relaxed.  Then, torque up
the bolts to set the preload in the neutral position.  Note to all of
you "tuners" out there - you can "lower" the car a little by
compressing the suspension before tightening these bolts.  Or, you can
effectively raise the car a bit by tightening the bolts while the car
is raised a bit.  This rubber preload is useful for fine-tuning these
suspensions if you want to get to that detail.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com