Re: [DML] New Ownder and some questions

> Something strange happened to me when I was driving
> the D on I-90
> highway.  A couple fast looking BMW coupes passed me
> on the left and
> cut in front of me and the D, less than 4 feet in
> front of me.  Speed
>  was 70 MPH.  In the past, I would mutter "jerks"
> out loud.   But this
> time in the D, the words became, "so what if you got
> a fast car?  You
> don't have class and the Delorean.  BMWs are a dime
> a dozen."   I
> caught myself after saying this and thought, "man.
> did you become a
> snotty bastard because you have a D?"

I almost always do the same thing.  Cookie cutters
suck.

> The Delorean's suspension, as I understand it, is
> suppose to be firm.
>  But I feel like I can feel every single little bump
> on the road, when
> compared to my 92 Toyota Camry.  The D is stock.

Welcome to a 24 year old stock suspension.  That's the
way mine is as well.  Completely normal at least to
me.  Especially if you have the old springs and shocks
- that's just the way the car is.  It is a firm
suspension - you'd be amazed at how tight you can take
a interstate ramp or a sudden turn with NO give in the
car.

> Also, when the D just started up first time during
> the day, the engine
> would surge to 1200 RPM, drop down to around 900,
> and the surge up to
> 1200 RPM.  It'll do this for 6 minutes and then
> settle down.  Is this

I would say this is a bit more abnormal.  Don't try to
compare this idle system to any other car; it just
doesn't match up.  Most cars 1993+ started to become
more computerized or EFI'd - it won't compare with the
DeLorean.  A 300 rpm hunt sounds like the car may be
too rich in fuel.  That's just my guess.  We're
assuming your idle system is in perfect working order.
 Others here may be able to offer more insight.  I'm
still a noob here, and idle hunting can get pretty
detailed.  I'll monitor the responses here, and if I
see someone suggest something I went through, I'll
back that up and offer some tips on it.  Let the fun
of new ownership begin.

Jeremiah

http://mail.yahoo.com