[DML] Re: Door Struts Opinion

Concerne about door adjustments? Why?

Just adjust your torsion bars a notch with the new Grady struts and
you will be amazed at the differnce.

Or don't and continue having soft doors. I'd hold on to the struts
until you can meet up with an individual or a group to have them
assist you in a torsion bar adjustment.

If you are in the PA area this weekend stop over Saturday to the
DCO/PA tech session and we will happily adjust your struts, the more
Deloreans the merrier.

Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,
&
16851

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sgskbm" <SGSKBM@xxxx> wrote:
> As I said in a post about a week ago, I too purchased the PJ Grady
> version of the door struts and I have experienced the same results
as
> the vast majority of PJ Grady customers.  In short, they don't go
> more than halfway up.  Interestly enough, the other struts seem to
> work fine.
>
> I have now taken Rob's advice and checked the torsion bars and
found
> that mine open about two to three inches without the strut.  While
> that remains in spec according the recent post by Rob, it may be
on
> the weak side.  Due to concerns about making any adjustments, I do
> not wish to try this so I think that I just need stronger struts.
>
> In any case, I think Rob is first class and I also feel that he is
> true friend to all Delorean owners.  I was particularly impressed
> with the story about him stopping to help an owner on the way to
JD's
> funeral.
>
> That being said, I also agree with the other observations many of
you
> have made about the other vendors.  All in all, the solution for
me
> is to buy from a different vendor as the overall story on PJ
Grady's