[DML] Gas Tank Filler Cap

I get out of the cap test every year here in Colorado by betting the technician that he can't find the gas cap.
If he finds it he can test it... So far they are batting zero, they are shocked that its under the "bonnet".
Then I show it to them and prove they don't have an adapter!

A Delorean brings productivity at an emissions testing site to a stand still. Last time I was tested, every person on duty (About 15 technicians) helped in testing my car. It was a crowded day too, but happily the other customers were just as excited to see the car.

Dave Swingle wrote:
>Same thing happens in Illinois. The technician wanders around the
>car, finally asks where the cap is (no flap), takes it and tries to
>fit it to the machine, scratches head a few times, and then
>checks "passed" on the form. Same drill every time.

>I'd be surprised that a generic cap would fit tight, remember that if
>it doesn't fit tight, it's an invitation to rainwater in the gas tank
>due to where it's located.

One side note, funny story, I once had a gas pump jockey shut off my gas pump so I couldn't fill up because I was "Filling the windshield washer fluid reservoir up with gas!" I told him I had owned the car for about 15 years and had filled up more than a few times over the years. Then I gave him a tour of the car including the real windshield washer reservoir!

Dan Haney
vin 3254 - family cherished since 1985

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet