Re: [DML] Re: The Door Strut Experiment

As my original post stated "I havn't contacted them  about    [exchange]   yet, as they are weak and   [uneven]   lift when switched on doors. They also have alot of side to side and back and forth play. My old ones don't have the play and I'm told they shoudn't have play.Tried another DMC owners 3 yr old struts on my car and they worked fine, so I know the tortion bars are set correct.

Joe OBrien <joeyoseppijoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:You on the other hand need to have your torsion bars adjusted. You
don't need a refund, just adjust the doors properly, one notch per
door, and you will change your tune.

If you torsion bars are in need of an adjustment, even new struts
won't have an amazing effect on them.

Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,
16851

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Lacy wrote:
> Hi, Wanna trade struts? I have a new pr. that won't even come close
to breaking your mounts. They are about 3 weeks old from Gradys, I
havn't contacted them about exchange yet, as they are weak and uneven
lift. They also have alot of side to side and back and forth play. My
old ones don't have the play and I'm told they shoudn't have
play.Tried another D owners struts on my car and they worked fine, so
I know the tortion bars are set correct. Thanks for you time.
[moderator snip]