[DML] Convex mirrors - almost ready!

Hello all

The convex mirrors have been ordered and are ready! I will have them on
Monday. They will soon be ready to be shipped. I think that I should be
ready to start shipping them out by the end of the week. I still need to
find some proper boxes to make sure that you will receive just TWO mirrors
and not two hundred :). If I find some boxes I will let you all know what
the shipping will be. I do NOT charge more for shipping. I will let you know
the actual rate and that is what you will pay. Stay tuned for the next
update.
In the mean time I uploaded some pictures to the photos section of the
group. I created a new folder called "Extended Convex mirrors". There you
will find some pictures of the view in the OEM mirror as well as the view in
the new mirror. On one of the pictures I drew a red line showing approximate
view in the OEM mirror to give an idea how much better the new mirror is. I
also drew arrows to show the line where the regular convex ends and the
extended convex starts. The line is actually a clear line (no mirror finish)
and you can make it any color you like. I made mine black by painting a
black strip on the back of the mirror to cover the line. You can paint it
any other color and the line will be that color. I will have pictures and
detailed explanation on how to do it with the instructions on how to install
those new mirrors. As you can see in the pictures the line is white. I just
made it white hoping that it will be more visible in the pictures.
Unfortunately the camera focusing on the objects in the mirror made the line
almost invisible. You can see it clearly on the picture showing just the
glass.
About the heating pads - the wiring is in place and working. All you will
have to do is run two wires from inside the door to the mirror... no cutting
or splicing wires, just plug-and-play installation. It just can't be easier.
All who are interested in a set and already emailed me will get a private
email from me as soon as I have calculated all the shipping costs.
All new orders from now on will be for the extended convex mirrors WITH
heating pads. They are no longer an option. I decided to go this way because
they are giving me a really good price on the heaters - $5 each. Also, since
all the wiring is already in place in the car the installation is very
simple. Of course if you don't want them you don't have to connect the wires
but I believe that anyone will be very happy with those heaters in every
climate. Snow and ice are the obvious but rain and fog also make mirrors
useless.

Go ahead and check out my new pictures. Since Yahoo limits the size I can
email full size pictures by private email.

Stay tuned for the next update

Tom Niemczewski
jamesik@xxxxx
VIN 6149 (in Poland!)