From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
jeff512tr
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 4:47 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Barris DeLorean Auction

FWIW, 2 years ago I was at a Kruse Auction, and they were conducting
a sale at a car museum in Daytona that had a few "movie cars." George
Barris himself was there, hawking a Batmobile as "one of the orginal
4 from the TV show." The car brought a staggering $200,000. Weeks
after the auction, the buyer learned that this was not a car used in
the TV show, but a recreation built by Barris many years later.
Lawsuits were threatened but in the end Kruse bought the car back.
Now a Barris BTTF DeLorean? Hmmm....

[moderator snip]