[DML] just some good news for a change

This board is priceless in the amount of information that can be had
to help us all solve problems with our D's and thus is mostly filled
with questions or problems and solutions and that's quite all right.
Well, I'd like to post something different. I haven't driven or even
started my D since the first of April. This is mostly due to some
rainy weather and the fact that I recently bought an older Ford
Explorer just to bum around town in and not worry about and have been
playing with that vehicle for the past several weeks. I decided on a
whim on Tuesday to drive my D to work, and at 8am Wednesday discovered
that my battery was dead. So I put a charger on it and went to work.
After the battery was charged that afternoon, I got in and turned the
key and not even a half second of cranking my D roared to life and
settled immediatly at a smooth 750rpm idle. I smiled and pulled it out
of the garage and onto the lawn and gave it a thorough bath. After all
was dry and the windows cleaned and the leather wiped down, I gave the
key another twist and #3231 roared to life again. Off we went to the
grocery store. AC ice cold, tunes cranked up, engine purring like a
kitten, auto tranny shifting perfectly, and tons of looks from
spectators. Back from the store we came and into the garage she went.
Today I hopped in, twisted the key and off to work we went. Lunchtime
errands, no problem. Drive to the doctor's office for a checkup and
home we went. Absolutely perfect. It really made me smile knowing that
my D can fire up at will whether it sleeps for a day, a week, or a
month and be ready to go anywhere. To all of you out there who are
hard at work repairing, restoring, or even just maintaining their D's,
it can and does pay off in the end. Keep Living the Dream. I know I am.

-sean