Re: [DML] Overheating?

Hey there Paul,

  I will type what I can, as I do not know as much as
some of these guys here, and others here could by far
add/correct to whatever I type.

Whenever I have driven in my DeLorean, I watch my temp
gauge very carefully - as it basically is the car's
"blood pressure" - too high and it goes "boom".  I
drove my car around town yesterday, and it was
probably about 82 degrees outside.  Whenever my needle
hits the dead center of 220, the fans come on
everytime.  The temp drops to relatively 195 degrees
and the fans shut off without fail.  For you to say
240 degrees, I'm assuming you mean temperature and not
geometric (0-360).  No DeLorean with a properly
running cooling system should ever be at 240 IMHO,
that just seems too high to me.  If it gets over 220,
there's something awry somewhere.  It could be a
plugged coolant hose, a failing otterstat, one of two
of the fans may not be properly working (This happened
to me last summer, and even with a fan on, the
temperature continued to go up and up.), or air in the
coolant system - among anything else I didn't list.

Give us your car's background in terms of any
modifications (air bleeder kit, different thermostat,
revamped cooling system, radiator change/status, etc,
etc), and maybe more suggestions could be brought to
the table.  What speed were you going on the highway -
anything above 45 mph constantly should give enough
air to the radiator to cool the system down (at least,
with my car) if you're not in "stop and go" traffic.

Oh, and the A/C question.  To put in layman's (sp?)
terms, the A/C puts a load on the engine, and the
temperature will increase a little bit - enough to
register on the temperature gauge.  My car did that
all the way to Pigeon Forge last year and I was going
70+mph; Casey informed me it was/is nothing to worry
about.

Check your fans, make sure both are working.  I used
to think both mine did, but careful inspection
reveiled only one working (I put my hand underneath
and thought I had airflow from both).  That could
possibly be your problem.  In terms of Fanzilla/FanFix
Dual, get anything besides a three way fused jumper.
Anything ouside of FanZilla/Fan Fix Dual/any other fan
module from a DeLorean vendor is just a begging for
trouble.

Whew, all that typing.  If you meant 240 in a
geometric sense, I'm gonna die =P.

Jeremiah

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail