Re: [DML] Restorable or Parts Car?

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel@xxxx>
wrote:
> John don't give up so easily. Go talk to the son.
> btw, are comfortable revealing to the group what you offered? I am
> just curious. No offense if you want to keep that private.

  Well the money apparently was a non-issue.  It kills me that I
could have had it for so little (sub-$500), but the old guy's like a
millionaire from investments and such, and he's tight with his son,
who's also his lawyer among other things.  It would have been
perfect to have this one for so little and still have enough for a
second nicer car, and work on/get experience with this one when I
had time/money.
  So I guess the irony here is that if he were a poor old guy and
needed money, he would probably have asked for more than what I was
willing to pay, and I might have turned it down, but since he's rich
and didn't need money, he'd rather just give it away to his son than
sell it to me for practically nothing.  His son lives in CA and he's
sending someone out to pick up the car next week.  Apparently the
fear of someone restoring it scared him good.
He apparently was selling this one and a much nicer one at one time
for a mere $2800 before his son took an interest.  I'm about a year
too late.
It's been a weird day.  Love/breakup songs started making sense
again, and I feel like the coyote chasing the roadrunner and I just
plucked a tailfeather when I noticed I was standing on a cloud of
dust and nothing more.
Thwump!
I'm certain it's because it's the first one I've seen in person in
so many years, regardless of condition.  She cast her siren's spell
on me for sure.  I'll get over it next time I see one hopefully.
But then again, maybe not.

-John