[DML] Re: Cam Wear cause (soft camshafts

[DML] Re: Cam Wear cause (soft camshafts

For some reason this rumor is endemic in the DeLorean community and
simply refuses to die (quite ironic when you consider DeLo usage
accounts for only .8% of total PRV production). There is no difference
in camshaft composition between various B27/B28 applications. The only
words Volvo ever printed on the subject were to substitute 10W30 oil
over the previous 10W40 spec (retroactive to the beginning of PRV
usage). Thicker oil has a tendency to gum up camshaft/rocker arm
orifices. Note that the rocker arm orifices are located at the
camshaft lobes, not the valve stems -- quite possibly the source of
characteristic valve noise.