From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Rustproof
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2005 1:33 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] The Door Strut Experiment

Everyone,
OK, since I started this thread, I intend to finish it once and for all.
Since PJ Grady has been getting most of the heat (and bad press) and since
he guarantees his struts if not 100% satisfied, I am willing to bite the
bullet in the name of science and I have just ordered a set from him for
some $79.00 plus shipping. I will test them and evaluate them for all to see
as I will post the result as well as the conditions and parameters of the
testing right here on the DML. (I own an R&D company in New England and I
think that makes me uniquely qualified) I also have nothing better to do as
my D is completely restored and now I'm just playing. If they are in fact
unsatisfactory, I'll go to the next vendor until I get a "good" set. (The
evaluation may take some time but it will be worth it)  This will be of
course a single random sample test but since this isn't getting government
funding, I'm not going to get ten samples from each vendor for a
cross-sectional average or double-blind study. (Sorry Marc, but I have a
limited budget for this sort of thing and we know your admirable position on
VERY accurate information! Please forgive me.) After the test, I think the
vendor should have an opportunity for rebuttal and comment. If anyone else
is in need of struts, they are more than welcome to participate using
another vendor or perhaps the same vendor to confirm the veracity of my
results. It will at least expedite the test series. (You must have brand
new, unused struts, properly adjusted torsion bars, a thermometer, a tape
measure, a keen eye and accurate information about your doors such as added
weight, ie; door launchers, window modifications or other goodies that add
to or subtract from the normal burden on the door to participate) Contact me
if you are willing to help and with the name of the vendor you wish to test.
I will send you a uniform test specification. Testing suggestions are
welcome. Hey, it might even be fun. Stay tuned....
Rustproof
Vin 1559

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews