[DML] Re: Replacing speakers and follow-up trim work.

[DML] Re: Replacing speakers and follow-up trim work.

Thanks Greg.  Everyone has been giving me some good advice, and I
appreciate it as a new Delorean owner.  I felt terrible after
damaging the trim edge, and come to find out that replacement gray
rear trim panels are not available anymore (per Rob at PJ Grady's -
he can paint black ones gray if needed).  I think I can hide most of
the ripped edges with the weather strip, except for a 3 in. section
right along the passenger armrest.  However, if I sneak a little bit
of black silicone sealant in there to blend it into the door weather
strip, I'll be good to go, although I hate mickey-mousing things
like that.

Paul

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Greg Zapf <x86Daddy@xxxx> wrote:
> I used a blade to cut on the very edge of the lip and with a little
> heat (hairdryer), was able to pull the trim piece away without
further
> damage.  After installing my speakers, but before sealing
everything
> up with glue, etc...  I pushed it all back into place and put the
> weatherstrip over it for a test drive, etc...   This was over 6
months
> ago.  I haven't done anything else to secure it since, as it all
> stayed in place nicely.  If the weatherstrip will cover your
damage...
>  you may just want to give it a try.
>
> --Greg

[long quote trimmed by moderator]