[DML] Re: Restorable or Parts Car?

I'm reltively new to D ownership compared to you other guys that have
owned them for ten years or so, I'm still in high school. My car sat
for about 5 or 6 years in the Oklahoma wheather. My car seems to be
in close to the same condition has the one you described.

The good for my car: Stainless steel finish, good tires, original
seats, poorly recoverd dash and binnacle, new shocks, oil changed
recently, good hoses, good dash lights, and there are other things
I'm sure.

Bad: Rotten head liner core/ headliner, Bad carpet, cracked
windscreen, Rust on the frame, bad ball joints all the way around,
two bad wheel bearings, nasty gas system, fuel pump sitting in the
gas, eyebrows, dents in the body, broken decklid stay thing, several
missing parts in the engine bay, wheels chipping, pantoons show age,
wheather seals rotted, both fascias are bad and warped, semi melted
fuse box, broken lower control arm, and it dosn't run yet. With some
other things that I can't remember.

>From what I gather from other D owners my car would be a parts car or
restoreable considering who they are. If I had the money to get
a "good DeLorean" I would have skiped over mine. I consider cars as
more than machines, everyone has a different personality. If I was in
the position that you are in, I would restore the car you described.

I have almost gotten to the point to where my car is running. I plan
on doing a full restoration on it in about five years. I would love
to see pictures of the car!! By the way my car cost $9K, it was
a "bad DeLorean". I love my car more than anything else.

Josh
10989

[long, duplicate quote snipped by moderator]