RE: [DML] New DML member and questions

A scientific wind tunnel study wasn't done, but by my CFM meter I bought I
estimate about 80% compared to the original. Maybe someone can tell me or
direct me somewhere that at what point that moving hot air over the radiator
at what speed makes no difference in the cooling or drawing capacity of the
fans. What I have heard is at 35 to 40 mph the fans make no difference. I
never could understand why driving at certain temps that the fans even need
to be on when the AC is on.
Any where in the south where we have 100+ degrees is subject to test even
the best cooling systems in even the newer cars.  As you all know, we even
see newer cars pulled over to the side of the road in stop and go summer
time traffic.
I have also heard of some people driving year round on one Delorean fan with
no problem. A lot of people complain about the current draw and light
dimming when the original fans come on and not counting the 30 amp + load on
the electrical circuit.
I also feel a lot of over heating is caused by not properly inspecting the
car for a lot of things. How many $20.00 otterstat are replaced every 2 to 3
years or even inspected. I have seen several that I show on the site that
split because they were so old and folks wondered why the car over heated.
I can go on and on about heating and cooling, but they are what they are and
have all the pluses that I listed on the site.
If anyone would like to discuss this further I would welcome the dialog, but
due to the long conversations I have had it would be better off line and the
conclusion posted.
Thanks for asking.
John Hervey