[DML] Chicago Tech Session

I just registered 16918 for plates the other day and have 30 (now 27 days)
to get it to pass emisions.  It is running rich now.

I plan to bring it to the Chicago tech Session in a few weeks and rather
than make it one of the cars scheduled to take up Don's time I plan to work on
it as I did 1880 a few years back.

The difference here is that this one is running ( If you all remember 1880
had not run in 10 years and at the end of the day we fired it up ) The gas in
it  was so foul that no one thought the thing would ever run.

This car may end up being the Raffle Car for 2006 so I plan to add stuff to
it.
It needs a bunch of updates.  The cosmetic stuff in side the car  are done
but I want to do a stereo (front speakers are in need to do rear) and I  need
the stereo itself.  I have an extra Craig but I felt an aftermarket  would do
more good and sound better. If someone has an idea let me know and we  can do it
there.

Also there are a bunch of things I want to do like tune it up and put in  new
switches (old ones either don't work well or are faded badly)
Also the voltage gauge is not working (probably a bad connection)
Replace oil sending unit (easiest task of the day)

I also need to clean up the inside of the doors (sandblasting the frame
leaves a lot of dust) and I need to get the passenger side window fixed  (probably
just a broken unit I have a new one.

We also need to work on the door locks since the previous owner  disconnected
the lock electronics so what is the best replacement to put in. We  can do
that as well.

Undercarriage, brakes, wheels and tires are fine (new or refurbished
already) and I would like to disassemble the front end and clean it  out.(sandblast
dirt)

Although still in good shape I do want to replace the fuel boot and  filter.
Its already to disassemble , new hoses will have banjos on already so it
should not take more than an hour.  I also will probably use the New  Houston
Stainless fuel pump support if the one in there is bad.  That  stainless unit is
nice.

Few small dings in the panels I want to remove and that is about it.

The car runs and I plan to tune it up before it gets there but maybe I will
hold that off for the session.

So if anyone who wants to learn or help, this car is there for you to do
your thing. If you just want to watch you can do that as well as I will be doing
whatever I can to the car during the day.

I would really love to get the stereo done so what is the best aftermarket
maybe I can get that and we can do that project.

If you want to help let me know.  Last time there were a lot of people
standing around looking
Here is a chance to get involved and learn how to fix things.  This in  no
way replaces or takes the place of anything the group is doing it is just a
side event when you are done with your projects.

Ken