Re: [DML] Idle problem

The discussion is about how high the engine revs when you FIRST turn
it over-I never said it idles high. When I first start the engine, it
revs to 1400 and settles down to 800 in a few seconds, and hunts for a
short period before it goes smooth. I am using the 3 brass screws,
with the plate adj screw juust touching the stop-it isn't cracking the
plates though. I have the idle motor removed and the inlets capped
off. New o-rings on the screws. My question is: Since I'm running on
manual idle, and it still revs to 1400 before when it first turns
over-what other components should I look at so when I start the engine
it doesn't rev at all, just goes straight to idle. Thanks for the help
-----Dani B. #5003