[DML] Re: PRV6 performance problem

Make sure your mechanical AND vacuum advance are operating. You should
see them both give you around 40 degrees. With the 13 base that will
be a total of (you guessed it) 53. Make sure the CPR aka warm-up
regulator is hooked up correctly with it's vacuum hoses. On the car I
am currently doing the Twin Turbo conversion I had a lot of trouble
with cold start and warm-up. It turned out to be the thermal valve
deep in the "valley of death" and an out-of-calibration CPR. It
worked, it just did not act fast enough. Thr thermal valve also
screwed up my vacuum advance. It is running much better now but I am
still not happy with the advance (which is set up a little differently
than stock for the turbo install). Again, vacuum leaks will affect the
motor a lot, especially at idle and even more so when cold. Push the
WOT switch while the motor is idling, you should hear the sound of the
frequency valve change. It is subtle so listen carefully. Pulling the
plug off the valve while the motor is idling should cause the motor to
stall.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "delorean6584"