[DML] Re: What springs and shocks should I use?

[DML] Re: What springs and shocks should I use?

Paul,
When making your compairison you forgot DMCH's Shocks. You need to add another
$329 to the $399 (or buy all for $699).

Grady's setup is adjustable with nitrogen.
DMCH's setup has adjustable collars (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Grady's setup uses the stock rear springs.
DMCH's setup uses brand new springs.

Both were specifically enginered for the DeLorean.

I have Grady's setup and absolutely love it! My friend just had the DMCH setup
installed and he is quite happy with it as well. In fact, Dave Bauerle (the
installer) said the Eibach kit is one of the nicest kits he's seen in a while.

If you want the Grady kit you better purchase it while they last because I was
informed that they wont be producing any new kits in the future. Reason: one
person complained on the list a while back about squeaking & the length of the
top threads and scared off customers. There was an offer to correct a possible
one-off defect but I don't know if the complainer took up that offer. Meantime
sales dwindled & it is not profitable to tool up for another batch. I ONLY heard
squeaks on mine for the first few weeks after installation and that was ONLY
traveling over bumps at speeds LOWER than 10mph.

Either kit you choose will be an excellent ride compared to the stock rigid feel.
The car will handle much tighter in cornering. And at highway speeds and above
the "floating" sensation is gone. At least I didn't feel it at 120 chasing a
vette ;-)

Shannon Y
16506