[DML] Re: What parts (you got it all wrong)

[DML] Re: What parts (you got it all wrong)

My kit of parts and tools varies depending on where I am going. I have
found that I never had to use it on my own car, I usually need it to
help another owner. You cannot say or do enough about preventitive
maintaince. If you take care of your equipment you are much less
likely to get surprised. I do not agree that you can go without a
spare tire. You can hit a bolt or a curb and lose a tire, having the
spare is just common sense. If you have it sealed it can hold air and
if you check it once in a while it will hold enough air even with a
small leak. I do carry a plastic bag to put the flat in. I also carry
a paper bag to put garbage in. Strap ties, fuses, bulbs, conectors,
wires, hardware, are small items you can stick anywhere. I don't
usually carry a  lot of spare parts like a fuel pump, spark plugs,
fuel filter, etc. I do carry a lot of tools. Of the couple of times
another Delorean seriously broke down, one blew it's radiator and one
 lost it's brakes. No way you are going to fix this stuff "on the
road". One of the most important parts I DO carry is a pivot bolt for
the 5-speed shift linkage. On long trips I will carry a bottle of
water, some duct tape, portable battery pack, AAA card, and cell
phone. It always amazes me that many don't even check the pressure in
the tires before a long trip! By doing some simple things it can
improve your chances of coming home in the vehicle you left with a
lot. On any long trip ON ANY CAR you should at the very least check
tire pressures (don't forget the spare) all the fluid levels, and the
lights. Some plastic gloves, a towel, and some soap are also nice.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757