[DML] Re: North Carolina Service Center

I agree with you wholeheartedly Oliver on the need for more regional
service providers. Jeff is good friends with John Hervey and speaks
with him pretty often, but I don't think he's in close contact with
any of the other big names in the community. Jeff hopes to make John
Hervey his main supplier if his shop comes into fruition, and
naturally anything John doesn't carry Jeff will outsource from the
larger vendors.

Jeff will also likely come up with many solutions on his own. For
instance, he's having a batch of headers fabricated for the DeLorean
as we speak. Jeff lives in Concord, NC... where many NASCAR and
various other racing teams are headquartered. There are countless
fabricators and race suppliers in Concord who between all of them
can make about anything for the DeLorean (Jeff has been in contact
with many of these shops with his ideas).

In fact Jeff is working on a very big performance project which he
hopes to be able to unveil in Pheasant Run. He has shops that are
willing to get into turbo charging and fabricate components for
engine swapping as well. Again, Jeff's intention is to provide a
small, regional service center for our cars that offers services
currently unavailable to our community. He strongly feels he will
not draw business from the larger vendors, but will instead bring
them more money by ordering parts from them. I know for many owners
in this area that the $1k+ roundtrip shipping to get our cars to one
of the major service providers is a big factor in not sending our
cars to them. I could use that $1k on more parts from the vendors if
I could get my car serviced here... so in the end everyone would
win. I'll keep the list posted on any new progress with this venture.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Holler <thehauntfactory@xxxx> wrote:

Naturally, I'm all for another GOOD service center, just as DMCH
themselves  has been preaching for some time. It seems we gots the
parts, but few qualified service places that know how to treat a
DeLorean. Although testing the waters and doing a DML discussion is
nice, I would be interested to know if Jeff has established some
good lines of communication with James, Rob, Don, Dave, etc. I would
think a healthy cooperative alliance with the long established
DeLorean service experts would be highly desirable, if not critical.

When the other garages are really backed up, or a helluva long
distance away, (particularly in the dead of Winter's snow storms),
it sure would be nice to have a Carolina 'tweener' to fill in the
gap.

Oliver
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Vin#10694