[DML] possibility of North Carolina Service Center opening

[DML] possibility of North Carolina Service Center opening

Hi list,

It looks like there is a distinct possibility that a DeLorean
service center might be opening up in the Charlotte/Concord, North
Carolina area. Everything is very speculative at this point, but
here are the details. Jeff Friday, owner of a very custom DeLorean,
has found someone who is interested in finacially backing him to
open up a service center for DeLoreans. Jeff is probably without a
doubt the most enthusiastic DeLorean owner I've ever met... he
absolutely lives and breathes DeLoreans. He has been an owner for
about 3 years now and has pretty much torn his car down to nothing
and rebuilt it a couple of times, customizing it to his liking as he
goes. For pictures of his car, check out this thread on Tamir's
DeLorean Site Forum:

http://www.entermyworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186&start=0

Jeff and I (mainly Jeff due to my work schedule) did an upper engine
rebuild on my car last year, restoring everything while we went.
Here's some pictures of that project:

http://www.entermyworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=686

Jeff is just finishing up on a similar project with another local
owner's car, the end results of which will probably be the most
impressive of any car he's done yet (with less colors involved this
time though!).

Why I am posting this to the DML is to gague interest for Jeff's
investor. The investor is looking at buying/leasing a building to
house the service center, and will lease warehouse space to house
cars as well if the building won't provide space to keep customer
cars indoors. They are looking at buying a rollback truck to
transport cars as well.

I believe the main advantage that Jeff's service center would offer
would be customization. He can really make the cars run purr, but he
pays such attention to detail along the way. He chrome plates,
powder coats, paints, and polishes everything as he goes. We're
talking he replaces every bolt with stainless ones, or chrome/zinc
plates them. Your car truly sparkles like it never did (even when it
was new) when he's done with it. Jeff feels that there is a market
for these kind of services, most notably when for us Carolina owners
when the nearest service centers are PJ Grady and DMC Florida, both
of which are more than 10 hours away.

It's important to note he's not trying to compete directly with any
one vendor/service center; but instead Jeff thinks he's got a unique
service he can add to the DeLorean fold, and that there is a market
for a small regional service provider in the Carolinas as well. If
you would be interested in any of this, or simply have
questions/comments etc, drop Jeff an email at delorean_type304(AT)
msn.com or myself Louie(AT)DeLorean.com. It's important to note that
I am not involved in this venture on any level, I am just fielding
interest for Jeff and his investor at this point.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC